Friday, October 31, 2008

Update on All the Excitement

Just wanted to let everyone know. The three men have been apprehended and arrested. As far as the Dodge Journey I saw on Tuesday morning, it was the get away car. The car belongs to
the girlfriend of one of the suspects. She had no knowledge of the robbery; and had been instrumental in getting her boyfriend arrested. She felt so bad about everything that she came to the neighborhood and brought Starbucks gift baskets for the cop, the Horton's, and my next door neighbor.
Apparently, the Horton's have grown (early twenties/late teens) children. Mr. Horton had over $30,000 at the house and was going to the car auction on Monday to buy a car in cash. The Police feel one of their kids casually mentioned something about this to a friend, or was in on it somehow.
I'm just relieved that it is all over. In 9 years of living here, we've only had one other "incident" in the neighborhood like this(an attempted kidnapping by a woman with a dog about five years ago). So, hopefully, it will go back to being quiet.

2 comments:

T said...

Oh, man! That is scary!! I'm glad you guys are alright.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Good thing you called when you did. Your poor neighbor girl I bet it's a long time before she will trust a guy. I'm sure you feel better now.