Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Halloween was interesting, to say the least, this year. Harrison had a football game at Sandy Creek (they lost 7-0 :c( to them); and after what happened in the neighborhood the beginning of the week, I was not very comfortable about letting Hannah go trick-or-treating alone. So, we called on our wonderful friends, the Browne's, to babysit us for the night :c) (Thanks guys).

Hannah dressed as Elizabeth Swann from Pirates of the Caribbean this year. It was a costume I used to make Harrison Jack Sparrow a few years back. I think it turned out well. She looked cute--I mean tough :c). So, we went trick-or-treating with Gaby and Izzy. We had so much fun. The girls got a little chilly. So, we came back to the house and let the kids go through their candy. The girls were THRILLED that they each got a full sized candy bar from one of the houses. I have to say, the adults were all impressed.

After we said goodbye to the Browne's, we drove up the street a little ways and walked through Swansbrough Manor. I have one word for this place--AWESOME!!! They are former Disneyland Cast Members and they definitely know how to do Halloween up right. Having been to Disney's Not So Scary Halloween Party, this was a close second. It was so much fun! We DEFINITELY do this again.

No comments: