Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Blurb

Well, it's over...or is it just the beginning? I guess we'll find out within the next four years. This was an interesting Presidential election. I did my part and voted. It will be interesting to see how the next four years play out. Harrison is taking an American Government/Civics class this semester in school. He was literally staring at the computer screen all night long. At 11:00 pm, I came out to the office and told him that it was over and Obama had won. He said, "How can you say that? Less than 4% of the votes have come in from California." I tried to explain to him that certain states historically voted a certain way, but he didn't believe me. He was still crunching the electoral vote numbers trying to see if there was some mathmatical way that McCain could win at 11:30 pm when I finally called it a night myself. It was kind of refreshing to see that kind of "hope." As I was watching the election results and trying to explain to Harrison how they could call certain states with so few votes tallied, I suddenly realized that my boy would be voting in the next Presidential election. Holy Cow! Time sure does fly.
So, here is to the future, whatever it may hold; and here's to my boy and his hope. May the tomorrow for his generation be as bright and as full of promise as it was for my generation. God Bless America.

5 comments:

Labadie Family said...

You know... they didn't call it because of California. It's because WA and OR are mail-in ballot states and had already begun counting. :-) They released their numbers right on the hour and that tipped the scales. :-) At least that's what the news stations here were saying and you know how accurate they are (ha ha).

The morning of election day, my students and I kept talking about the thrill of watching history unfold--no matter what the results were going to be. It is truly an interesting time to live!!

The Cluff Family said...

Wow!Great entry...way to stay positive and to look at the future with HOPE because in the end thats all we have!

Joe and Jake Est. 1990 said...

He can vote and someday run knowing him!

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Great post. I can see Harrion in my mind crunching the numbers.

corrie said...

Hey there! I love blogs. A great way to keep in touch. Your kids are so big! What a great looking family.
xoxoxoox