Hannah had a gymnastics meet in Woodstock, GA, today (Yes, it is Sunday...Yes, we are aware of us breaking the Sabbath...Yes, we feel really bad...No, this isn't going to be a habit after December...). We didn't know if she was going to make it, or not. Hannah woke up on Saturday morning about 4 am to tell me that she had just gotten sick to her stomach. She didn't have a fever, so I chalked it up to eating too much junk on Halloween night. She then got up around 8:30-9:00 am and got sick again. She still didn't have a fever. So, I told her to go back to be
d. By lunch time, she had a temp. of 101.5º. Oh Boy! She slept most of Saturday; and I was considering calling Stacy to tell her that Hannah wouldn't be coming; but Hannah asked me to wait until the morning. I left for the band competition and by the time I came back, she had kept down crackers, two gatorades, and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Her temp. was about 99º. We put her to bed and I was pretty sure that I would be calling Stacy in the morning. L
ow and behold, she gets up this morning, her temp. is normal, and she's says that she wants to compete because she doesn't want to let the team down (You have to have at least three members to count as "a team." Otherwise, you are competing as individuals).She had no trouble with her breakfast, but she looked like the walking dead. She assured me that she felt fine and that she really wanted to do this. So, we went to the meet hoping and praying that she would be okay. She scored an 8.775 on the floor (her best score, yet); and 8.9 on the vault; an 8.3 on the bars (it was a little too much pressure on her
stomach); and a 9.2 on the beam (her personal best score) for a total score of 35.175.When the scores were tallied, she came in 3rd on the vault, 5th on the bars, 5th on the floor, and 1st on the beam. She tied for 2nd overall. She wasn't happy with most of her scores (she wanted all 9's). We think she did remarkably well seeing as how she had been sick all day yesterday. Way to go, Doo!
2 comments:
Awesome scores!! Congratulations Hannah--especially given the virus that preceded!!
I almost never comment on blogs, I just like to look at them, well Hannah I think your score is darn good for someone who was sick. Love your pictures too.
Post a Comment