Harrison had his last marching band competition tonight. It was a little sentimental for me, because I performed in the same competition 21 years ago; and my old band (McIntosh) also performed. It kind of choked me up to see my boy on that field. Anyway, enough mush....Mr. Armstrong decided to compete the band at a AAAA class--really unheard of for such a small band. Northgate marches about 87. The other two bands in the AAAA class were marching over 100. There was e
ven a AAAAA class. The two bands that competed at that level were marching over 200! One of the bands had 280! It was incredible to watch them. Apparently numbers don't matter, though. Northgate came in 2nd in their class next to North Cobb High School; and they came in 2nd Overall in the show. North Cobb High School won the Grand Champion trophy and Northgate was right on their heals. They lost the Grand Champion trophy by .8 of a point (out of 100 points possible). But, they also beat all of those big bands. So, they have something to defintely be proud of. I know all of the parents are proud.
ven a AAAAA class. The two bands that competed at that level were marching over 200! One of the bands had 280! It was incredible to watch them. Apparently numbers don't matter, though. Northgate came in 2nd in their class next to North Cobb High School; and they came in 2nd Overall in the show. North Cobb High School won the Grand Champion trophy and Northgate was right on their heals. They lost the Grand Champion trophy by .8 of a point (out of 100 points possible). But, they also beat all of those big bands. So, they have something to defintely be proud of. I know all of the parents are proud.
2 comments:
How exciting! We just had our first jazz band performance. I've decided that by the time my kids graduate, I will be rather hard of hearing!
Way to go Harrison!
I just went to my first band competition to watch my neice. It's on my blog but Harrison kuddo's to you. You guys must work your toes off because it was amazing to see those bands. I think it is amazing that you do that and get up so early in the morning. Way to go.
Post a Comment