Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a really nice Thanksgiving. No pictures this year...I'm a little picture/videoed out right now after band and gymnastics competition season. It was just Harry, the kids, and me for dinner. We had all of our favorites. This is how Harry describes Thanksgiving dinner, "We need to have turkey, and gravy, and mashed potatoes, and gravy, and stuffing, and gravy, and corn, and gravy, and..." He would be completely happy if I put a pitcher of gravy in front of him and he could drown his full plate in it. I can't fault him, though, the gravy turned out really yummy this year. Plus, Harry was really good and ran 5 miles on Thanksgiving morning (He did 8.1 last Saturday...he'll do that plus some this Saturday). After our feast, the kids and I started to put together a puzzle. We enjoy putting together the photo mosaic puzzles...specifically, the Disney ones. They are a lot of fun. At 7:00 pm, we went over to our friends the Pulsipher's and played games, snacked, and at dessert with them, the Browne's, and the Rineer's. We played a game called Songburst '70's & '80's edition. It was so much fun! The object of the game is to finish the song lyric with only a few words given to you. We laughed and laughed as we all got hung up on the lyrics to these songs that we've been singing all of our lives. I was on a team with Ron & Pam Rineer and Charissa Browne. We won, of course :c). The dessert was GREAT, too! I made a Dutch apple pie. Bob Browne made a pumpkin mousse pie with a gingersnap crust (YUM!!); and then, there was a chocolate silk pie, a regular pumpkin pie, and who knows what else. With all of the kids there, the chocolate pie was the first to go. It was a great day.

6 comments:

Joe and Jake Est. 1990 said...

Party animals!

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Songburst sounds like a fun game. I love the Disney photo mosaic puzzles. I think I have all of them. If you like puzzles and want a one try Lost in a Jigsaw. It was the hardest puzzle I ever did but it was so much fun. Each piece is the same and you have to pay attention to the small detail if you put it together right it makes a maze for the guy in the middle to follow out. Fun. If my mom ever can't make Thanksgiving I know where to go.

Amanda said...

Jen- do you have any good ideas of what I can do for Jonah's first birthday cake? any websites that are good references? of can you just come down to FL and make it for me?
if you don't want to leave a blog comment then email me at amandajewkes@gmail.com
Thanks!!!

Amanda said...

Okay - I am leaving another comment. The motion sickness wasn't too bad - some people didn't feel it at all, but I am more sensitive to it. I packed some Dramamine and only had to take it once (at night before bed). I noticed some people had patched behind their ears and I guess that prevents motion sickness as well.
But you will have a great time - it is non stop eating! Have fun - can't wait to hear all about it :)

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

For your sea sickness. I have these little bands that you can put on your wrist and they really do work I got them on the ship once when we were in Jamaica only time I have ever been sea sick on a cruise. Also drink lots of Ginger Ale. Buy the drink card and keep a ginger ale in your hand. Have so much fun.

T said...

I'm going to be dreaming of pumpkin mousse pie for the coming year!!! That sounds so yummy! Sounds like you guys had a fun time.