Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hannah's First Gymnastics Competition

Hannah had her first gymnastics competition in Conyers, Georgia, at Rockdale Gymnastics. She was only a little nervous...I was a LOT nervous. She competed in Vault, Bars, Beam, & Floor.

She scored an 8.450 on Vault
She scored an 8.300 on Bars













She scored an 8.150 on Beam











She scored a 7.00 on Floor
(she forgot a move in her routine and she forgot to do her finishing salute equaling 1.1 points in deductions)--As much as I wanted to, that is not anyone we know saying what sounds like a bad word on the video :c)


We didn't think that she would get any awards, but we wanted to be polite and stay for the ceremony. We were shocked and ecstatic when...
She took 6th place in Bars




















7th place in Beam















and 9th place Over-All in the Sr. A age group


The team took 6th Over-All at the meet. Not too bad for a very first meet. We didn't think so, at least. There were 12 girls that competed in each of the events in her age group. So, she was right up there in the middle of the pack. She had no idea what to expect, or what it was going to be like. Now she knows what she needs to do to improve upon for the next time. We are so incredibly proud of her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah, I was thrilled to watch the video's of your performance! You did SO WELL! We are so proud of your achievements!
Love,
Nana and Grandpop

Kasey and Broden said...

Good job Hannah!! You are very talented!

Anonymous said...

Hannah, CONGRATS! It was so great to be able to watch your video and feel like I was there even though I couldn't be.I can't wait to show Kaitlyn your video!
Love,
Aunt Kristi

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

That is so cool. It gave me chills to see how much fun she was having...especially with the olympics just happening...it must have inspired her more.

Amanda said...

You may have the next Olympian on your hands - Hannah did such a good job!