Friday, August 1, 2008

Cake Wrecks--Cracks me up!!

I found out about this blog via another blog that I visit periodically (Baking Bites). It's called Cake Wrecks. As a cake decorator, myself, I can appreciate difficulty and mishap when dealing with this edible art form. And, I don't consider myself a "professional" in the least--I've had my fair share of not so great looking cakes. All that being said, though, Harrison and I about DIED laughing when we started looking through this site.

They aren't just mishaps. Some are down right disturbing when you consider that you're supposed to eat this. Some made me really wonder what on earth the people were thinking when they ordered these cakes; and others made me really consider the sobriety of the bakers, or at least of the person taking the order on the phone.

Now, before you actually go to the site and check it out know that the rules for submitting a cake wreck to this site are (1) it must be done by a "professional" (bakery, baker, etc...); or (2) if it was an amateur, it must have been paid for with money. That in and of it self made me feel not one bit guilty for laughing hysterically. Just go to the site and tell me what you think. I'm still laughing about this one.

3 comments:

herb said...

Found this gifted cake-artist through that amusing blog: www.mikesamazingcakes.com

Anonymous said...

Those are some scary cakes - makes me feel better about my melted baptism cupcakes - thanks for all your help yesterday! xoxo

Amanda said...

That was funny! The wedding cake pictures was just too much! I am sure one of your cakes will NEVER be featured on that blog - you got too much skill girl.