I've been a Bon Jovi fan for...well, a very long time. I never got a chance to see them in concert when I was a teenager. So, when I saw that they were coming, I had to get tickets. We were originally supposed to go with Brian and Lori Clark, but Brian had to go out of town last minute. So, it was just me and Harry. Unfortunately, Harry isn't as big of a fan as I am; and I was left singing and jamming out by myself (with thousands of other people) as Harry chuckled at me all night. It was, by far, the BEST concert I've ever been to. It would have been more fun with Brian and Lori...missed you, B!Daughtry opened for them. He did a great job...I was excited to see him, too, as I was a big fan of his from the American Idol days. They did a quick stage change after Daughtry and Bon Jovi hit the stage. They started with their song "Lost Highway"--since it was their Lost Highway Tour. Then, it was just hit after hit--one right after another for a good 10-15 minutes. Then, they went into the typical do a song, banter a little, do a few more songs, etc... It was incredible. I made Harry call Brian and leave him a 1 min 15 sec voicemail of "You Give Love a Bad Name." He responded via email shortly after with "You Are Killing Me!"
We had our camera in the car ready to take in with us. Of course, we're still of the time period where it was strictly prohibited to bring anything like that into a concert. So, we thought we should keep it in the car. We get in there and there were people with cameras, telefoto lenses, they were taking video, you name it. We are so old.
There was a distinct gap in the ages of the fans. There were the fans of their comeback albums from the late '90's to now and then there were fans like me--knew the new stuff, but REALLY knew the old stuff. There were patches of people that would be sitting down depending on which song they were playing. Not that the concert ever lagged at all, but there were songs that the younger crowd knew better. We ended up selling our extra two tickets to a guy who bought them for his sister's 25th birthday--they knew the new stuff and just a little of the old stuff. It was kind of amusing. Harry and I realized that Bon Jovi had been performing as long as that girl had been alive...SCARY!!
They did all of the old standards, some of the new stuff, and then they got a little crazy by adding some Rolling Stones "Start Me Up" and "Shout" (originally done by the Isley Brothers). It was INCREDIBLE and worth every second! Saturday, we're going to see Huey Lewis and the News. I feel 14 again....I wish! The nice thing about being older and going to concerts is you can afford the better seats and you don't have to ask permission from your parents :c).
Enjoy the playlist, and I'll post some more pictures as I get them from Harry's phone.
3 comments:
Sounds like you really enjoyed the concert. I'm always amazed at the lyrics that I can remember from songs I have not heard in an extremely long time. Music can make you go back in time, I wish I could have gone. I saw them during their Slippery When Wet Tour, that was an experience!
Still waiting for more pics and video! How about some feedback about Bia's pizza and the Huey Lewis concert?
Hilarious! That has been on my list of things to do in my life for waaaayyyy to long!! (I did hear they are coming here in the fall and if so, I plan to be there!!) What's weird is that my 6 year old and 13 year old like them as much--but like you say, they know different songs. Strange feeling......
Post a Comment