Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hannah's Awards Day

Hannah had awards day at school on Thursday. I arranged to go into work late to see her. I'm so glad I did, too. She got so many awards. Here is the list of awards she received:

  • 4th grade Certificate of Completion

  • Book-It All-Star Reader Award (read 2 chapter books a month for 6 months)

  • Six Flags Six Hour Reading Club (received a Six Flags ticket)

  • Elementary Keyboarding Certificate (for participation in computer typing class)

  • The Principal's Award (All A's in class & conduct and perfect attendance)

  • Certificate of Perfect Attendance

  • All A's Certificate of Achievement

  • Cub Character Award (for maintaing an A in conduct all year)

  • Presidential Physical Fitness Award (only 25 kids in the school received this)

  • Track Participation (for competing with the track team)

  • Standing Broad Jump Record in the WHOLE SCHOOL boys and girls (for jumping 6' 1")

  • Mile Run Record for 4th grade girls (ran it in 7 minutes 8 seconds)

  • 50 miler Award from the "Paw"stiviely Fit program (Hannah ran a total of 50 miles between September and April--mostly during recess.)
We are so proud of all of Hannah's accomplishments. The class also did a little presentation about the Social Studies lessons they had learned for the year. They wrote a poem as a class about their best characteristics. The class wrote down what they liked best about each person in the class and they compiled the favorite sayings in to the poem entitled "I Am..." Hannah's line was "I am very athletic and always a good friend." How true.

They wrote another poem, where each student added a line, entitled "I would give you..." It was a tear jerker. It was a poem inspired by a little girl named Riley who has mitochondrial disease. Hannah's line of what she would give Riley was "Eternal Life without suffering and pain." Wow...what a sweetheart.

Hannah's teacher, Mrs. Oliver, was such a blessing to her this year. She gave Hannah plenty of love and encouragement; and she was a great running partner during recess. Hanna will miss her; but she's excited to see what 5th grade will hold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, the cake is just awesome! You really need to consider opening a bakery. Great job Hannah! We love Ms. Oliver too!