Okay, everyone else has all these cute Easter pictures on their blogs from Sunday. Me...not so much. I never even got to see what the kids looked like on Easter Sunday; and we had to have the Hanks' pick the kids up for church because Harry had to be at church at 6:30 am. Thanks a million to Jacque and Joe, by the way.
I just spent all of last week in the bed sick with the flu. It was the stuffy/runny nose, fever, and aching flu. I came down with is last Tuesday. I started not feeling too well towards the end of work. When I came home from taking Hannah to gymnastics, I took my temperature--102.7ยบ. I couldn't believe it. Harry was serving in his new calling at the Sharpsburg Ward and wouldn't be home until around 10:00 p.m. that night. I went to bed and told the kids they were on their own. Luckily, Harrison has his cooking merit badge and was able to make dinner for him and Hannah. I spent the next five days in the bed. I was absolutely miserable. I ate nothing but chicken noodle soup, Riptide Rush Gatorade, and water the entire time. The only exception was on our anniversary...we had Chick-fil-a. (Just a side note: Although this is the third year in a row that something has come up on our anniversary, this has got to be the WORST anniversary so far. So, I've decided to change our anniversary to May. Maybe then we won't have anything interfere.)
Harry tried to take me out on Saturday for a little while. He intended on us going shopping for a couple of Easter items and then going to La Parilla to eat. I lasted all of 30 minutes and told him to take me home. I didn't even get to go to church on Sunday...I was still in the bed. I still have a bit of a cough and some chest congestion, but I'm at least able to function. I hope no one else has or gets this flu...it is nasty to deal with. I've heard of Spring Fever, but this was ridiculous!
Caution... Long Update!
16 years ago
7 comments:
Sounds like you were suffering from PTC Ward withdrawal! Sorry it hit you that hard.
So what's Harry's new calling? You would have thought he'd be able to hide in the crowd for a little bit longer!
Yikes! That sounds miserable. I hope you are able to get over the lingering effects soon. I know how that cough and chest congestion can stay around for a while afterwards. I am sorry that you had such a miserable anniversary. Hopefully it will be better when you celebrate it in May.
Hope you're feeling better soon. NO FUN!
We had that same flu! No fun AT ALL!!!! Glad you are feeling better though.
Anniversaries in May are fabulous, BTW. A wonderful time--usually good weather, happy attitudes, close to summer. Yep, May is good--but you can't take the 1st :-)
I am sorry you were not feeling well. I hope you get better soon so you can celebrate your anniv. If it makes you feel any better I forgot to take Broden's pic also before we went to church, and I was not sick.:)
You seemed like yourself on Friday night. I'm glad you are better. It's never good for a mother to be out of commission, I'm glad you survived. We had a great time Friday!
That doesn't sound like very much fun to be so sick on your big anniversary! I hope you are feeling better by now. How is the new ward?
Post a Comment