Saturday, May 24, 2008

Graduation Cake

I did my first "paid" cake job this weekend. It was for a graduation party for two young men who graduated from Starr's Mill High School and were going to be attending Georgia Southern Untiversity this fall. The dad of one of the boys told me what he wanted and then I designed it from there. The logos I printed out from the computer. Then, I drew them into the icing with a toothpick. I hand piped them onto the cake. It's a long process, but I think it turned out pretty good.


A couple people asked me to put it on the blog so they could see it. So, I thought I'd oblige :c). So, I guess this is the first "official" job for Just Desserts by Jen (my hypothetical bakery's name--it'll never probably be a reality...too much stress).

7 comments:

Jenkinson Family said...

Thanks for posting the cake. That's so cool. You did a great job.

Johnson said...

Very impressive work.

herb said...

Looks great but I think I'm gonna need a how-to video!

Kasey and Broden said...

That looks great! Your very talented! I know who I will call for Broden's next Birthday. My only request that it has to be Buttercream Frosting! :)

The Schaefer's said...

Always buttercream...I never do anything else. Even my chocolate frosting is chocolate buttercream.

Amanda said...

WOW, you did a great job! You are talented :) It looks very professional. I wanted to learn how to make cakes, so I signed up for a class. I ended up dropping out after one class...cake decorating school drop out. Someday you will have to teach me.

Louise said...

Awesome Jen!! I always knew you had it in you!!! Your a budding entreprenuer!