lly should have gone before the Tower of Terror one, but oh well...what can you do? Anyway, Hannah has been a fan of country music for as long as I can remember. She loves them all, but her favorite would have to be Rascal Flatts. When I heard they were coming, I had to get tickets for my girl. I talked to her about it and explained that even though it was WAY before Christmas, this would be one of her Christmas presents. She said that she didn't care and she wanted to go. Harry got us some pretty good tickets and we were all set for October 19th.This being Hannah's first ever concert, I don't think she knew what to expect. She seemed a little lackluster abo
ut the whole thing. We got to Philips Arena in plenty of time. We had Chick-fil-A for dinner and headed to the t-shirt booth. We bought a concert t-shirt for her and headed for our seats. We sat down and she started to take everything in--still not getting what it was all about. The lights went down and the two DJ's from the local country radio station morning show introduced the opening act--Kelly Pickler. She did a very good job even though she had a pretty nasty cold. Hannah knew a couple of her songs. I kept reminding her that this was the girl we saw on American Idol. I don't think she really got it.
ut the whole thing. We got to Philips Arena in plenty of time. We had Chick-fil-A for dinner and headed to the t-shirt booth. We bought a concert t-shirt for her and headed for our seats. We sat down and she started to take everything in--still not getting what it was all about. The lights went down and the two DJ's from the local country radio station morning show introduced the opening act--Kelly Pickler. She did a very good job even though she had a pretty nasty cold. Hannah knew a couple of her songs. I kept reminding her that this was the girl we saw on American Idol. I don't think she really got it.In between the acts, they totally redid the stage, etc... Hannah never asked a single question, but I could see that she was wondering what was going on. All the while, she stayed pretty
quiet. I started to wonder if she wasn't tired. The concert didn't start until 8:00 pm; and she had spent the entire day at school. I was just praying the entire time that she was going to have fun and not regret giving up some of her Christmas presents for this. She finally asked me if the concert was over. I had to chuckle to myself. I told her that Rascal Flatts hadn't come out yet. So, she started to perk up. Then, the lights went down and she excl
aimed, "Are they coming?!" They started to slowly rise out of a stage that was pretty close to us and she went CRAZY with screams! "Mom, it's Rascal Flatts! I see Gary and Joe Don!" It made my day. They played all of our favorite songs and even some new ones that we hadn't heard but instantly fell in love with. I didn't have my regular camera with me, so I was taking sho
ts with my cell phone. Hannah spent the ENTIRE concert on her seat because that was the only way she could see anything. She kept asking me when everyone was going to sit down. I explained that most people didn't sit down during a concert. She thought that was pretty silly. By the end of the night, we were completely hoarse from screaming and Hannah was exhausted from standing the entire time. It was a GREAT first concert for Hannah! (By the way, I didn't take this last picture with my phone :c))
quiet. I started to wonder if she wasn't tired. The concert didn't start until 8:00 pm; and she had spent the entire day at school. I was just praying the entire time that she was going to have fun and not regret giving up some of her Christmas presents for this. She finally asked me if the concert was over. I had to chuckle to myself. I told her that Rascal Flatts hadn't come out yet. So, she started to perk up. Then, the lights went down and she excl
aimed, "Are they coming?!" They started to slowly rise out of a stage that was pretty close to us and she went CRAZY with screams! "Mom, it's Rascal Flatts! I see Gary and Joe Don!" It made my day. They played all of our favorite songs and even some new ones that we hadn't heard but instantly fell in love with. I didn't have my regular camera with me, so I was taking sho
ts with my cell phone. Hannah spent the ENTIRE concert on her seat because that was the only way she could see anything. She kept asking me when everyone was going to sit down. I explained that most people didn't sit down during a concert. She thought that was pretty silly. By the end of the night, we were completely hoarse from screaming and Hannah was exhausted from standing the entire time. It was a GREAT first concert for Hannah! (By the way, I didn't take this last picture with my phone :c))
No comments:
Post a Comment