Monday, February 4, 2008

Hannah's 10th birthday and Harrison's 14th birthday













I realized that I hadn't posted any pictures of Hannah's actual birthday on the blog. That's what I get for turning the kids' birthdays into 3 day extravaganzas. Anyway, Hannh officially turned 10 last Wednesday. She chose baked hot dogs (recipe to follow), curly fries, and a trip to Cold Stone Creamery for her birthday dinner. She got an American Girl surf set complete with surfboard, snorkle, masks, flippers, sunglasses, and beach towel. She also got a jump rope from her brother and a $25 gift certificate to the American Girl store.













Harrison officially turned 14 today. He chose to go to Johnny's Pizza for his dinner. He also requested a cake in the shape of a Thrashers hockey puck. So, that's what he got. We took the cake with us to Johnny's. The staff was so nice, we left them 1/4 of the cake. He got some Abercrombine cologne from Hannah, The Dangerous Book for Boys (the best book I've seen in a long time), and a Golf & Spring Training Vacation with Harry (they leave March 12). He said he was really surprised. He thought he was just getting golf lessons.

They both had great birthdays. Now, we just have Harrison's birthday party with friends to do before the birthday "brouhaha" is over.

I got this recipe for baked hotdogs when I was about 10 years old. It was the first meal I ever made and my kids LOVE them. It's a good thing to do when you realize you forgot to buy hotdog buns at the store :c).

Recipe for Baked Hotdogs: makes 4
4 hotdogs
4 slices of bread (you can cut the crust off if you would like)
4 slices American cheese
butter
toothpicks

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spread butter on all four slices of bread. Place buttered side down on a baking sheet on a diagnol (in a diamond shape). Place slice of cheese on bread also on diagnol. Place hotdog on bread. Fold up two side corners over hotdog and fasten with toothpicks. Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving to small children.

1 comment:

herb said...

You're quite the Cake-Meister!

We gonna have to try those baked hot dogs at my house.