Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hannah's New Room

Well, it's been three whole weeks, but we finally have Hannah's room 90% done. So, we revealed it to her and moved her back in (<< This was her reaction).

The only thing we have left to do is refinish the antique bed that I bought (for a steal) and buy her a boxspring and new mattress set. That will have to wait another week, or so. (The weather isn't very conducive to painting and waiting for that paint to dry.)

This room is TOTALLY Hannah! This was not necessarily what I had in mind when we talked about redoing her room. But, she picked out the bedding and the paint; and I went from there. Anyway, Hannah LOVES her room. She said that she NEVER wanted to get it dirty. I'm going to hold her to that.



We started with some INSPIRATION:


THE WALLS:


Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort (two tone walls with the chair rail molding around the top.)












THE BEDDING:












THE COLOR PALETTE:










Then, Harry and I went to work from there. Basically, I designed; and Harry made it all happen. I would tell him what I wanted it to look like; and he would figure out how to do it. This was wonderful, too, because I do not do so well with the measuring and leveling...all the math stuff. I purely an ideas person.

And here is the BEFORE:












And the AFTER:















We're happy with the results because Hannah's is happy. We'll post pictures of the new bed when it gets done (probably in another 3 weeks).

7 comments:

Jenkinson Family said...

Super cute!

AB said...

Gosh, She looks like you!

Labadie Family said...

Cute! Love the chair rail and how it blends in with the shelving. Nice work!!! Are you up for hire?

Kara said...

It all looks really cute. Bright and happy...I like colors like that. Good work.

herb said...

Holy cow, that does look like HARRY put a lot of work into it! ;)

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

You did a fabulous job! Looks really good!

Denisondays said...

Looks like you guys have some projects going on at your house also. What fun. It turned out cute. Kayla can't wait to paint her room!
Shelyse