Friday, August 7, 2009

First Day of the School Year 2009-2010

Wow! It's the first day of school already. Harrison is starting his Sophomore year in High School; and Hannah is starting her first year at Middle School. Harry and I have both mused about how odd it is not to have a child in Elementary School anymore. This was even the first year that I didn't drive a child to school for the first day. They both ride the same bus this year; and Hannah gets to sleep in an extra half hour. Now that I think about it, it'll probably be the last time Harrison will ride the bus for the first day of school. He'll be eligible to drive next year. They are both growing up so fast. Heck, I was lucky to get the pictures I got. They tried to pull the "I'm too old for this" bit on me. Come what may, time stands still for no man--or mom. They are growing up; and I'm just glad that they indulged me my "1st day of school" pictures one more time.

5 comments:

herb said...

Looks like they kept the 12ft "we're not related" distance waiting for the bus!

AB said...

I love first day of school pictures! Someday they'll make a great collage for their graduation party.

Jenkinson Family said...

That's too funny about how far apart they are from each other.

Kelli said...

What cute pics!!! I simply cannot believe that Harrison is a sophmore this year??? And driving? SCARY!!!
Hannah is beautiful! WOW!!! I think I need to make a trip to GA and see you before they move out to go to college?!

Booking It With Sandi said...

i thought i was the only one that picked up on the "it is NOT cool to stand near my sibling when waiting for the bus." deal, but obviously I was not the only one. That is so classic it is not even funny!
That is how Devin & Kyler were, they needed to do their own thing to keep their own identeties (not Kyler being the "little" brother to Devin at the new school.)
Love the pics, love the post!