11 years ago today, our Hannah came into our lives. A few years after we had Harrison, we wanted to have another baby. We were told that it would be virtuely impossible. I only had one working ovary; and it only worked half the time. We couldn't afford fertility treatments. So, we put it in the Lord's hands. 4 months later, we were pregnant. My pregnancy wasn't easy. I had really bad morning sickness and ended up losing 25 lbs. I was also borderline for gestational diabetes; and my doctor never gave me a single ultrasound. But, I managed to make it through. We had no idea at all if our baby was going to be a boy or a girl when we went into that delivery room. How absolutely thrilled we were to see her sweet little face and hear, "It's a girl."
Hannah was due February 20th, but came into the world three and half weeks early. She weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long--smaller than most dolls. She was the sweetest baby. Her little wrinkly forehead and the sweet little noises she made endeared her to absolutely everyone in the family. We were really fortunate to have my grandparents (Hannah's great-grandparents) come and stay with us for a month to help take care of all of us. I believe that experience alone bonded my kids and my grandparents forever together. It was a great time.
As Hannah grew, she developed her own little personality, which is still hers today. She is so funny. Her comic timing is impecable. Living with three "oldest" children automatically puts her at a disadvantage, but she keeps up with all of us just fine. She's zinged her dad and her brother on many occasions from a very young age--which always has impressed me. She is so tender-hearted and concerned about others. She is always wanting to do something nice for someone else. Many times she's been willing to give up something of her own for someone else. She is daring. There is very little in this life that scares Hannah. I so admire that in her.
For all these reasons, and so many more, we love our Hannah. I feel blessed to know her and honored to be entrusted to raise her. Happy Birthday, Doo!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Hannah. I can't believe you are already 11. I hope you enjoyed your day and maybe got some trail mix.
You have always been your mama's girl! Happy Birthday! Next year you leave Primary and go to YW! My how time flies!
I love the pictures she was a gorgeous baby! She told me all about her new room and she sounded so excited. I love her in my class she is so cute.
Post a Comment